Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell told Congress this week that interest rates could go up faster and higher than previously planned. WSJ’s Nick Timiraos explains what’s behind the Fed’s change of strategy, and why it’s struggling to tame inflation.
- Powell Says Data Will Determine Size of Next Rate Increase
- Powell Says Fed Is Prepared to Speed Up Interest-Rate Rises
- Why the Recession Is Always Six Months Away
- Mass Layoffs or Hiring Boom — Which Is It?
- Consumers Are Starting to Freak Out
Today, Apple released its Vision Pro headset, the company’s first major new product launch in a decade. WSJ’s Joanna Stern on whether the augmented-reality headset has the potential to take a niche device for nerds into the mainstream.
Artem Uss is a Kremlin-linked businessman accused of illegally exporting American military technology to Russia. Last October he was arrested in Italy at the U.S.’s request. Then he vanished. WSJ’s Margherita Stancati explains how he escaped.